Friday, November 26, 2010

Fresh Sounds


If you are a parent like me, you might have a little one who has a favorite song. And this little one wants to hear their favorite song all day long, on repeat. Or they watch the movie with their favorite song in it all day long. For Miles, it's Rascal Flatts' version of the Tom Cochrane classic "Life is a Highway" from the Pixar movie Cars.

The song itself is catchy. Miles has been able to sing the chorus for a few months now. His commitment to the song borders on religious, once proclaiming "All I know is that life is a highway.". His thoughts swirl around Lightning McQueen, Mater and all of their friends for most of the day. For many weeks now I have tried to get him to like other songs. But to no avail. The other day, while I was studying, LIAH was playing on repeat for just about an hour.

So, when I stumbled across a new selection of songs that I thought I might be able to sneak into the fold, I decided that I should share the good news with others.

So, if you want some nice soothing sounds to calm the kids down (and make you cheerful at the same time) then I would suggest you look up the group 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Rockstar'. It is a collection of cover songs of famous bands, done in a lull-a-by sort of way. I found them on emusic.com. My suggestions are the Radiohead, Coldplay, Journey, and Killers albums.

You are Welcome.

No comments: